Governing Board Membership:
- Independent chairperson: Emeritus Prof Andrew Cheetham
- The NIF Chief Executive Officer: Prof Graham Galloway
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellors (Research) or equivalent, Directors, Chief Executive Officers, or the nominees of the participants of NIF.
- UQ Node: Prof. Joe Shapter (Pro Vice Chancellor – Research Infrastructure)
- USYD Node: Prof. Simon Ringer (nominee for Prof Duncan Ivison, DVC-R)
- ANSTO: Dr. Simone Richter (Group Executive Nuclear Science & Technology, and Landmark Infrastructure at ANSTO)
- UNSW Node: Prof Grainne Moran (Pro Vice Chancellor – Research Infrastructure)
- WSU Node: Prof. Deborah Sweeney (Pro Vice Chancellor – Research & Innovation)
- Florey Node: Dr. Henry De Aizpurua (nominee for Prof Geoff Donnan, Director of The Florey)
- UMelb Node: Prof. Trevor Kilpatrick (nominee for Prof James McCluskey, DVC-R)
- Monash Node: Prof. Ian Smith (Vice Provost – Research & Research Infrastructure)
- Swinburne Node: Prof. Aleksandar Subic (Deputy Vice Chancellor – Research & Development)
- LARIF Node: Prof. Steve Wesselingh (Executive Director, SAHMRI)
- UWA Node: Prof. Robyn Owens (Deputy Vice Chancellor – Research)
Governing Board Charter:
The charter of the Governing Board is to provide stakeholder representation and governance for the Facility so as to meet the aims, vision and mission of NIF. The Board meets quarterly.
The terms of reference of the Board are to:
- Appoint a Chief Executive Officer and provide overall governance for the facility.
- Undertake necessary further consultation with the participating organisations, potential end-users, key interest groups, government bodies, related Australian and overseas facilities and other international and local interests to ensure comprehensive and broad-based input into the strategic planning process.
- Identify the main risks involved with the Facility and develop options for managing those risks within an acceptable level.
- Approve an evaluation strategy for the Facility, including specific milestones and performance indicators covering quantitative measures of utilisation and benefits realised.